Sunday, March 16, 2008

Song for the Week of 3/17/2008

it's been a year and a month since Charlie from Sun City Girls passed away. this one's for him;

SUN CITY GIRLS - "I Protect You From Me"



I protect you from me...I know what I'm doing. If I didn't I'd be lying and we'd both be to blame for what you might do if I did the wrong deeds while I care for myself with the impressions I bring to the whole world in general and you in particular, when you see the deception I've formed in this song, most your theories and insights will be proven wrong. So listen, my friend, to the portrayal I give of my system of knowing your weakness and faults and take heed in the knowledge that we all can be prone to commit acts of thievery when we're hungry and homeless and more than the greedy with more than they need; more than that; just like people with children to feed. My impression is deceiving. I've robbed you of more than what you might find in an old grocery store. So you think that I've robbed you of more? Well, you're right. I've said little of that which you'd murder for. Of all the ideas that spring from your head, if you had no conscience, you'd soon want me dead. Therefore, contradict all that your conscience implies; for pleasure, for safety, for reason and lies and the pain that you feel when you reflect on it, has a coincidental reflection of death, and the seaweed that would twist around me and my soul, has no conscience to save you as we slowly roll to the bottom of that which is larger than this, for a method of reversing perspective no less. And now you can feel what it's like to be me . . . Take refuge in knowing that I protect you from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.